Wednesday, June 11, 2008

the long and winding road.


yesterday was my high school graduation.
it was a really beautiful ceremony.
it was at a church,by the lake.
that really made it special.
honestly,i just hadn't hit me before tonight.
we're parting ways,all of us.
i really teared up when we threw our hats up,and then started playing "Graduation".
for the first time,i really felt like i was gonna miss everybody.
when i wen around and hugged all these kids i've known for years,i realized i may never see half of them ever again.
it's the end of the road for me on this highway we call high school.
for those of you who think it's not a big deal,wait for it.
I for one,never thought i'd get so emotional over it.
"I keep thinking that it's not goodbye,keep on thinking it's a time to fly"

No comments: